AgFirst interns receive Launching Leaders stipend
Four AgFirst interns recently were awarded Farm Credit’s Launching Leaders stipend. Bailey Scott, Bernadine Louis Pierre, Joshua Brooks and Nabeyou Tadessa were each surprised with $3,500 to offset living costs associated with the internship.
This stipend is available to Farm Credit interns who are students or recent graduates of Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs). AgFirst is proud of these talented interns and their accomplishments. Learn more about them:
- Bailey Scott is a project management intern. She is a senior at South Carolina State University majoring in accounting.
- Bernadine Louis Pierre is a transformation intern. She is a senior at Benedict College majoring in computer science.
- Joshua Brooks is a security operations intern. He is a sophomore at Benedict College majoring in cybersecurity.
- Nabeyou Tadessa is a transformation intern. He is a sophomore at Benedict College majoring in computer engineering.
“Receiving this stipend means to me that other people see the investment I’m making into my education and they want to invest in it as well,” said Bailey Scott. “My internship experience at AgFirst has been very knowledgeable, I’ve learned things I didn’t expect to learn working in the project management office.”
In addition to the Launching Leaders stipend, AgFirst invests in HBCUs by also:
- Offering an annual scholarship, where two eligible recipients from Benedict College, Claflin University, North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University, and South Carolina State University are each awarded a $3,000 academic scholarship.
- Participating in the annual Farm Credit HBCU Career and Internship Fair to attract students to explore employment and internship opportunities at the Bank.
- Donating to HBCU career centers to provide more professional development opportunities.
AgFirst works year-round to deepen its relationship with HBCUs to create a more diverse workforce and to support the next generation of leaders like Bailey, Joshua, Nabeyou and Bernadine.
To find internships and other opportunities at AgFirst, visit agfirst.com/careers.